My name is Diane.
I am a woman on a journey through life, dependent on the grace of God to overcome my selfish nature so that I can be transformed into a woman who pleases God and who blesses those around her. My belief in, and love for, God and his ways, are what give direction to my life.
In this journey, I am searching for spiritual truth that will give life meaning and purpose and beauty. I am looking for the kind of truth that has the power to transform and heal and create.
I am on a journey to explore this kingdom of God that I am called to live in – with both feet and a whole heart.
What I am looking for in this blog is a way to connect with you that is meaningful – and I am looking to do that through my words. I want to talk about important, even eternal, things.
- In John 1:1, 14 we find these poetic and beautiful words: “In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the one and only Son, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.”
- The bible also teaches us that our words have the power to bless or to curse. That means that they have real spiritual power!
So you see, words, whether they are written or spoken, are significant and powerful! (Look for a future post on the power of words.)
Here are my hopes…
- I hope that we can be friends and that you might find something in these pages that will be a help and encouragement to you. I anticipate that you will contribute the same to my life through your comments to me. Please know that it is okay if we don’t agree on everything.
- I hope that you and I will discover deeper levels of God’s love and light, which pierces the dark and confusing places of life, to bring healing and hope.
- I hope that that my words will not only appeal to people who know Jesus, but also to those who are searching for spiritual truth and a way to connect with God.
- I hope that you will want to take this journey with me. That we can be an encouragement to each other as we look to discover God in our every day lives.
If I can encourage you with one thing here, it is the truth that you are loved by God. God loves you because He knows who you really are, deep on the inside, past all the mistakes and failures, past the hurts and pains caused by the injustice of sin, past all the self-promotion and selfishness, and even past all the things you do that earn you accolades. He knows the good and the bad of you, but He sees you through the eyes of hope and mercy and grace.
A little more about me…
I am a wife who is totally committed to, and in love with, her husband of 34 years. I am a mother of 2 grown children who are extremely talented, individual, creative, and interesting people.
I value creativity and find many ways of expressing mine in the everyday – whether it is through art or craft or in the kitchen and garden – or on the computer. I am currently discovering writing as a creative expression of my faith. At heart, I am a teacher, and a student, and so this blog seems to be a perfect fit.
Will you please sign up to this blog and join me on this journey? Will you give me a few minutes every week? I will treasure this because I know how valuable time is – but I believe that this will be a good investment of our time.
“Abandon the urge to simplify everything, to look for formulas and easy answers, and to begin to think multidimensional, to glory in the mystery and paradoxes of life, not to be dismayed by the multitude of causes and consequences that are inherent in each experience — to appreciate the fact that life is complex.” ― M. Scott Peck